As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at www.livs.co.uk
We will never sell, share, rent or pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes. Instead we use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Your name - so we know what to call you
- Email address - so we can email you order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc
- Delivery address - an obvious one
- Telephone number - we'll only call if we have a delivery problem
- Credit card details - we only ask for these when you place an order
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
Please be assured we are committed to protecting your privacy in lawful accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
We will never sell, share, rent or pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes.
There are only three circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Streamline Merchant Services), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
REGISTRATION AND NEWSLETTERS
You do not have to register with www.livs.co.uk to use our website. However, to speed up purchases in the future and avoid typing your details again and again, you can register with us. We will then store your personal details securely, which can only be accessed with a user name and password. Once you have registered, we will send you an email to welcome you and verify your username and password.
When you register with Liv’s you can choose to receive our regular newsletter, details of special offers etc. You are welcome to register without placing an order. You can opt out of receiving these communications by emailing us on email@example.com
LOG FILES/IP ADDRESSES
To track visitors' interest in our products, we use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the website, track users' movement and gather broad demographic information. IP addresses are NOT linked to any personally identifiable information.
We share collected demographic information with our partners and advertisers. However, this is NOT linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person.
LINKS TO AND FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Naturally, we are not responsible for, and cannot accept liability for the content or privacy practices of any linked website which is not owned and maintained by us. Therefore we would encourage our visitors/customers to be aware when they leave our website, and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personal identifiable information.
SURVEYS AND COMPETITIONS
Every so often we will want to hold a competition or do a survey. Participation would be completely voluntary, and the client would therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information asked for may include contact details (such as name & address) and demographics (such as postcode, age level). Contact details would be used to notify the lucky winners and award prizes, and may be used to send you marketing or promotional materials where indicated. Survey information will be used to monitor and improve the use and satisfaction of our website.
We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your www.livs.co.uk log in details, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.