How to: Lay a beautiful everyday table setting with simplicity and ease
I don’t know about you, but nothing makes me happier than staying in. Comfort food, low lighting and good company. And whether you’re sitting down to a romantic meal with your other half, having the girls over or kicking back with a take out…why not take some styling tips from our Store Manager, Kate, who features in our “How to Lay the Perfect Table” video. The principles that Kate has used are really simple! And never underestimate the power of a beautiful everyday setting, placemats aren’t just for special occasions!
The Magic of a Beautiful Everyday Setting
Items used in our video can be found on our website:
- Placemat’s from £2.50
- Large Stripe Dinner Plate £9.99
- Small Blue Patterned Plate £6.99
- Napkin’s from £2.75
- Soup Bowl £6.50
- Coaster’s from £1
- Blue and White Hand Painted Mug £8.99
- Blue and White Hand Painted Milk Jug £8.99
- Set of Pewter Handled Cutlery £22.75
- Hand Blown Moroccan Tumbler £4.50
- Rustic Candle's from £2
Kate’s Top Tips
- Layering is your friend! We’ve first layered a textured placemat (we just can’t get enough of those pom-poms!).
- Grab some plates and bowls that are a mix of patterns and tones – the more the merrier to continue adding those layers.
- Add some water glasses for daytime dining, or lose the mugs and add your favourite wine glasses for supper.
- Remember – there’s no rules here, so if you have a favourite treasured piece or a set of vintage dinnerware – get that involved too for a truly authentic eclectic mix!